Delegate Joseline A. Pena-Melnyk
- Prince George's and Anne Arundel
- Committee Assignment(s)
Health and Government Operations Committee (Vice Chair)
Rules and Executive Nominations Committee
- Health and Government Operations Committee (Vice Chair)
- Annapolis Info
241 Taylor House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3502 | 301-858-3502
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3502
Fax 410-841-3342 | 301-858-3342
- 241 Taylor House Office Building
- Interim Info
P.O. Box 1251
College Park, MD 20741
Phone 410-841-3502 | 301-213-3604
- P.O. Box 1251
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates, 2006. Member of the House since 2007.
- Current Assignments
- 2019 Vice Chair, Health and Government Operations Committee (Member 2007-)
- 2015 Chair, Public Health & Minority Health Disparities Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operation Committee
- 2022 Insurance and Pharmaceuticals Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee
- 2017 House Chair, Maryland Health Insurance Coverage Protection Commission
- 2021 House Cannabis Referendum and Legalization Workgroup (Chair, Health Determinants Subcommittee)
- 2019 Vice Chair, Maryland Legislative Latino Caucus (Chair 2015-2017, Secretary, 2017-2018, Member 2015)
- 2007- Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland, Inc.
- 2007- Women Legislators of Maryland
- 2016 Maryland Veterans Caucus
- Past House Service
- Joint Covid-19 Response Workgroup, 2020; Opioid Workgroup, 2018; Chair, Affordable Care Act (ACA) Workgroup, 2018; Punitive Damages Workgroup, 2016-2017; Government Operations & Long Term Care Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2014-2017; Government Operations and Estates and Trusts Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2017-2019; Government Operations and Health Facilities Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2020-2021; Joint Oversight Committee on the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange, 2014-2017; Public Safety and Policing Workgroup, 2015-2016; House Chair, Joint Committee on Access to Mental Health Services, 2011-2014; Public Health and Long Term Care Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2007-2014; Regional Revitalization Work Group, 2015-2019; Joint Committee on Behavioral Health and Opioid Use Disorders, 2015-2021.
- Public Service
- Maryland Medicaid Advisory Committee, 2015-; Governor's Commission to Reform Maryland's Pretrial System, 2014; Virginia I. Jones Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Council, 2013-2016; Chair, Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Committee, Prince George's County Delegation, 2011-2012; Governor's Wellmobile Program Advisory Board, 2011-; Task Force to Study the Procurement of Health, Education, and Social Services by State Agencies (House Co-Chair 2009-2010), 2009-2012; Vice Chair, County Affairs Committee, Prince George's County Delegation, 2008-2010; Task Force on the Preservation of Heritage Language Skills in Maryland, 2008-2009; Task Force on Health Care Access and Reimbursement, 2007-2008; Vice Chair, Law Enforcement and State Appointed Boards Committee, Prince George's County Delegation, 2007-2008; City Council, College Park, representing District 4, 2003-2006; Former Member, Recreation Board, College Park.
- Maryland Legislative Transit Caucus, 2019-; Maryland Military Installation Caucus, 2017-; Co-Chair, Latino Leadership Council, Maryland Democratic Party, 2010-; Eastern Region Board of Directors, Women in Government; North College Park Civic Association; West College Park Civic Association; College Park Rotary Club.
- Maryland's Top 100 Women, The Daily Record, 2021, 2018, 2015; Outstanding Legislator of the Year, Maryland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, 2017; Certificate of Appreciation, Maryland Municipal League, 2009-2011, 2007; Municipal Super Star, Maryland Municipal League, 2008.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Dominican Republic, June 27, 1966; John F. Kennedy High School, Bronx, New York; Buffalo State College, B.A., Criminal Justice, 1987; University at Buffalo Law School, The State University of New York, J.D., 1991; Attorney, Defender Association of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1991-92; Assistant U.S. Attorney, Office of the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, U.S. Department of Justice, 1997-99; Married; three children.
Last Updated: 1/22/2022 12:07 AM