About Floor Actions
Both chambers hold their sessions in the morning, except for Monday when floor sessions convene at 8:00 p.m. On Tuesday through Thursday, session begins at 10:00 a.m. On Friday, the Senate and the House usually convene around 11:00 a.m. except during the final weeks of session when the schedule reverts to 10:00 a.m. on Friday. Additional late afternoon, night, and weekend sessions are sometimes required by both houses.
Order of Business:
- Call to order.
- Reading of the journal.
- Presentation of petitions, memorials, and other papers.
- Presentation of orders.
- Introduction of bills and resolutions.
- Introduction of House Resolutions.
- Unfinished business.
- Reports of standing committees.
- Reports of select committees.
- Laid over bills.
- Special orders of the day.
- Third reading calendars.
- Introduction of visitors.