Delegate James E. Malone, Jr.
- Baltimore and Howard
- Committee Assignment(s)
- Annapolis Info
251 House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3378 | 301-858-3378
Toll-free in MD
- 251 House Office Building
- Interim Info
5205 East Drive
Arbutus, MD 21227
- Phone 410-247-2300
- 5205 East Drive
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates, 1994. Member of the House since 1995.
- Current Assignments
- 2003- Vice Chair, Environmental Matters Committee
- 2011- Local Government and Bi-County Agencies Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee
- 2006- Natural Resources Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee
- 2003- Chair, Motor Vehicles and Transportation Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee
- 2003- House Committee on Rules and Executive Nominations
- 2009- House Emergency Medical Services System Workgroup
- Past House Service
- Joint Committee on Base Realignment and Closure, 2008-2010; Agriculture, Agriculture Preservation, and Open Space Committee of the Environmental Matters, 2008-2010; Land Use and Ethics Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2006-2008; Environment Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2003-2006; Co-Chair, Motor Vehicle Issues Workgroup of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2004; Chair, Motor Vehicles Subcommittee of the Commerce and Government Matters Committee, 1999-2003; Commerce and Government Matters Committee, 1995-2003; Vice Chair, Baltimore County Delegation, 1999-2002; Deputy Majority Whip, 1999-2002; Ethics and Election Laws Subcommittee of the Commerce and Government Matters Committee, 1998; Joint Committee on Legislative Ethics, 1995-1998; State Government and Civil Rights Subcommittee of the Commerce and Government Matters Committee, 1995-1997.
- Public Service
- Commission to Study the Impact of Immigrants in Maryland, 2008-; Public Safety Subcommittee, Baltimore County Delegation, 2005-; Baltimore Region Rail System Plan Advisory Committee, 2001-2002; Task Force on Driver's Education Programs in Maryland, 1999; Chair, Subcommittee on Other States' Driver Education Systems, Task Force on Driver's Education Programs in Maryland, 1999; Task Force to Study Baltimore County Community Colleges, Baltimore County, 1997-1998; Graffiti and Gang Violence Task Force, Baltimore County, 1995-1997.
- Maryland Veterans Caucus, 2006-; Board of Directors, Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA), 2005-; Fire, Rescue and EMS Caucus, 2003-; Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Caucus, 2003-; President, Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department (youngest in history), 1979; Member at Large, Arrowhead District Committee, Boys Scouts of America; Lifetime Member, Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department; Honorary Lifetime Member, English Consul Junior Fire Department; Arbutus Community Association; Greater Arbutus Community Alliance; Greater Elkridge Community Association; Southwest Leadership Team; English Consul Democratic Club, 1st District Democratic Club; Board of Directors, Lighthouse, Inc.; Our Lady of Victory School Board; Sons of the American Legion; Lansdowne Wellness Cluster; Knights of Columbus; Catonsville Elks, Lodge 2323; Steering Committee, Boys and Girls Club.
- Certificate of Appreciation, Maryland Municipal League, 2011, 2009, 2008; Senator William H. Amoss Legislator of the Year Award, Maryland State Firemen's Association, 2007; Certificate of Appreciation, Howard County Center of African-American Culture, Inc., 2001; Certificate of Appreciation, Elkridge Volunteer Fire Department, Junior Program, 2001; Certificate of Appreciation, Halethorpe-Relay United Methodist Church, 2001; Legislator of the Year, Maryland Investors and Security Association, 2001; Joint Certificate of Appreciation, Maryland State Police, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems, Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute, Maryland State Firemen's Association, 2001; Honorary Colonel, Fort McHenry Guard, 2001; Outstanding Individual Award, Association of Retarded Citizens of Howard County, 2000; Legislative Service Award, National Federation of the Blind, 2000; Outstanding Service Award, Arbutus Little League, 1999; Certificate of Appreciation, Maryland Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs, Inc., 1998; Exceptional Humanitarian Service Award, Southwest Area Principals and All Baltimore County Educators, 1998; Unit Citation Award, Baltimore County Fire Department, 1992; Distinguished Service Award, , Baltimore County Fire Department, 1990; Outstanding Citizenship Award, Arbutus Lions Club, 1979.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Baltimore, Maryland, July 8, 1957; Cardinal Gibbons High School, Baltimore; Catonsville Community College, A.A., 1986; Former Lieutenant, Baltimore County Fire Department, Retired March 2007; Development Director, Cardinal Gibbons High School, 2007-; Two children.
Last Updated: 10/15/2019 3:26 PM