Delegate Jazz Lewis
- Prince George's
- Committee Assignment(s)
- Appropriations Committee
- Annapolis Info
350 Taylor House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3691 | 301-858-3691
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3691
- 350 Taylor House Office Building
- Interim Info
1801 McCormick Dr.
Largo, MD 20774
- Phone 410-841-3691 | 301-858-3691
- 1801 McCormick Dr.
Denotes enacted legislation
- Appointed to the Maryland House of Delegates, February 10, 2017. Member of the House since February 10, 2017.
- Current Assignments
- 2021 Appropriations Committee
- 2021 Transportation and Environment Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee
- 2021 Oversight Committee on Pensions of the Appropriations Committee
- 2021 Joint Subcommittee on Program Open Space/Agricultural Land Preservation
- 2017 Joint Committee on Legislative Information Technology and Open Government
- 2017 Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland (Secretary, 2018)
- 2017 Maryland Legislative Latino Caucus, Associate Member
- Past House Service
- Judiciary Committee, 2017-2021; Family Law Subcommittee on the Judiciary Committee (Chair, 2019), 2017-2021; Public Safety Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee, 2019-2021; Workgroup to Study Child Custody Proceedings Involving Child Abuse or Domestic Violence Allegations, 2019-2020.
- Public Service
- Chair, Law Enforcement Body Camera Task Force, 2020-; Maryland Police Training and Standards Commission, 2019-; Chair, Ways & Means Subcommittee, Prince George's County Democratic Central Committee, 2015; Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Committee, University Senate, University of Maryland - College Park, 2013; Member, Route 202 Coalition, Prince George's County, 2012; Executive Vice President, Prince George's County Young Democrats, 2011.
- Maryland Legislative Transit Caucus, 2019-; Prince George's County Democratic Central Committee, 2015-.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Silver Spring, Maryland, February 26, 1989; Charles H. Flowers High School, 2007; University of Maryland, Government & Politics, B.A., 2011; University of Maryland School of Public Policy, M.P.P., 2014; Community organizer, Good Jobs, Better Baltimore Campaign, 2014; Wellstone Action, Advanced Campaigner Manager School, 2016; Executive Director, Hoyer for Congress, 2014-2019; Senior Policy Advisory to Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, U.S. House of Representatives, 2019-; Married.
Last Updated: 1/20/2022 5:44 AM