Senator J. B. Jennings
- Baltimore and Harford
- Committee Assignment(s)
- Finance Committee
- Annapolis Info
403 James Senate Office Building
11 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3706 | 301-858-3706
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3706
Fax 410-841-3750 | 301-858-3750
- 403 James Senate Office Building
- Interim Info
141 N. Main Street
Bel Air, MD 21014
- Phone 443-371-2772
- 141 N. Main Street
2021 Contact Information
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Senate in 2010. Member of the Senate since 2011. Member of the House of Delegates, 2003-2011
- Current Assignments
- 2015 Finance Committee
- 2019 Health and Long-Term Care Subcommittee of the Senate Finance Committee
- 2015 Joint Committee on Legislative Information Technology & Open Government
- 2017 Joint Committee on Federal Relations
- 2017 Joint Committee on Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Biotechnology
- 2015 Maryland Veterans Caucus
- Past Senate Service
- Minority Leader, 2014-2020; Rules Committee, 2015-2021; Joint Committee on Children, Youth and Families, 2019-2020; Spending Affordability Committee, 2015-2020; Legislative Policy Committee, 2015-2020; Executive Nominations Committee, 2015-2020; Transportation Subcommittee of the Finance Committee, 2015-2019; Property and Casualty Subcommittee of the Finance Committee, 2015-2017; Joint Covid-19 Response Workgroup, 2020; Paycheck Recovery Commission, 2016-2017; Public Safety and Policing Workgroup, 2015-2016; Commission to Study Campaign Finance Law, 2011-2012; Health Occupations Subcommittee of the Education, Health and Environmental Affairs Committee, 2011-2014; Joint Committee on Transparency and Open Government, 2011-2014; Joint Advisory Committee on Legislative Data Systems, 2011-2014; Education, Health and Environmental Affairs Committee, 2011-2014; Environment Subcommittee of the Education, Health and Environmental Affairs Committee, 2011-2014.
- Past House Service 2003-2011
- Judiciary Committee, 2009-2011; Chair, Senate Select Committee No. 3, Harford County Delegation, 2015-2017; Chair, Select Committee No. 3, Harford County Delegation, 2009-2011; Civil Law and Procedure Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee, 2009-2011; Ways and Means Committee, 2007-2009; Finance Resources Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2007-2009; Deputy Minority Whip, 2003-2006; Environmental Matters Committee, 2003-2006; Environment Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2003-2006; Local Government and Bi-County Agencies Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2003-2006; Agriculture, Agriculture Preservation and Open Space Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2003-2006; Motor Vehicle and Transportation Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2006; Natural Resources Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2006; Chair, Natural Resources Workgroup of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2004; Wetlands and Waterways Funding Workgroup of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2004.
- Public Service
- Maryland Medicaid Advisory Committee, 2021-; Maryland Dairy Industry Oversight and Advisory Council, 2017-; Maryland Pesticide Reporting and Information Workgroup, 2013-2015; Pesticide Advisory Committee, 2011-; Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission, 2011-2020; Task Force on the Membership and Operation of the Baltimore County Board of Education, 2011; Agricultural Stewardship Commission, 2005-2006; Environmental Noise Advisory Council, 2003-2005.
- Maryland Fire, Rescue and EMS Caucus, 2003-; Maryland Rural Caucus, 2003-; Maryland Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus, 2003-; Taxpayers Protection Caucus, 2003-.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Baltimore, Maryland, March 27, 1974; Dulaney High School, Timonium, Maryland; Essex Community College, A.A., 1995; University of Baltimore, B.S., Business Administration, 1997; Staff Assistant, Congressman Robert L. Ehrlich, Jr., 1997-98; Beef Cattle Farmer, Castle Rock Farm, 1992-2008; Dairy Farmer, Owner, Cedar Side Farm, 1992-; Co-Owner and President, The Mill of Hereford, Inc., Feed Store, 1998-; Maryland Air National Guard, 2008-; Volunteer Firefighter; Jacksonville Volunteer Fire Company, Station 47, 1990- (Certified Firefighter I, II, & III, Emergency Medical Technician, Rescue Technician, Hazardous Materials Operations, Instructor I); Western Firefighter, Interagency Wildfire Crew, Maryland Forest Service, 1992-96; Married; two children.
Last Updated: 9/8/2021 12:14 PM