Senator Adelaide C. Eckardt
- Caroline, Dorchester, Talbot, and Wicomico
- Committee Assignment(s)
Budget and Taxation Committee
Executive Nominations Committee
- Budget and Taxation Committee
- Annapolis Info
322 James Senate Office Building
11 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3590 | 301-858-3590
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3590
Fax 410-841-3087 | 301-858-3087
- 322 James Senate Office Building
- Interim Info
601 Locust Street
Cambridge, MD 21613
- Phone 410-221-6561 | 301-858-3590
- 601 Locust Street
2021 Contact Information
Denotes enacted legislation
- Elected to the Maryland House of Delegates, 1994. Member of the House 1995 -2015. Elected to the Maryland Senate in 2014. Member of the Senate since 2015.
- Current Assignments
- 2015 Budget and Taxation Committee
- 2021 Capital Budget Subcommittee of the Budget and Taxation Committee
- 2015 Health and Human Services Subcommittee of the Budget and Taxation Committee
- 2015 Pensions Subcommittee of the Budget and Taxation Committee
- 2020 Executive Nominations Committee
- 2015 Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review (AELR)
- 2019 Joint Audit and Evaluation Committee
- 2015 Joint Committee on Children, Youth, and Families
- 2015 Joint Committee on Fair Practices and State Personnel Oversight
- 2015 Joint Committee on Pensions
- 2019 Senate Co-Chair, Joint Committee on Protocol
- 2021 Secretary, Women Legislators of Maryland (Member, 1995; President, 2007-2008; Executive Committee, 2017; Treasurer, 2019-2020)
- Past Senate Service
- Joint Committee on the Selection of the State Treasurer, 2015; Joint Audit Committee, 2015-2019.
- Past House Service
- Appropriations Committee, 2003-2014; Joint Committee on Health Care Delivery and Financing, 2003-2011; Joint Committee on Welfare Reform, 2003-2014; Joint Committee on Fair Practices, 2003-2009; Chair, Caroline County Delegation, 1995-2007; Joint Committee on Legislative Ethics, 2003-2006; Acting Chair, Eastern Shore Delegation, 2003; Joint Technology Oversight Committee, 2000-2003; Deputy Minority Whip, 1999-2003; Joint Committee on Access to Mental Health Services, 2005-2014; Real Estate and Housing Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee, 1999-2003; Science and Technology Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee, 1999-2003; Economic Matters Committee, 1995-2003; Health Insurance Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee, 1995-2003; Special Committee on Gaming, 2001; Special Joint Committee on Competitive Taxation and Economic Development, 1996-1997; Health and Human Resources Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee, 2003-2014; Oversight Committee on Pensions of the Appropriations Committee, 2003-2014; Capital Budget Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee, 2004-2014; Spending Affordability Committee, 2003-2014; Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review (AELR, 2007-2014; Joint Committee on Children, Youth and Families, 1999-2014; Joint Committee on Fair Practices and State Personnel Oversight, 2009-2014; House Special Committee on Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 1995-2014; Chair, Dorchester County House Delegation, 1995-2014; Chair, Eastern Shore House Delegation, 2011-2014.
- Public Service
- Commission to Study Mental and Behavioral Health in Maryland, 2019-; Maryland Sexual Assault Evidence KIt Policy and Funding Committee, 2019-; Harry R. Hughes Center for Agro-Ecology, Inc., Board of Directors, 2018-; Co-chair, Task Force to Study Tax Sales in Maryland, 2017-2018; Task Force on Rural Internet, Broadband, Wireless, and Cellular Service, 2017-2019; Maryland Commission on Suicide Prevention, 2017-; Two Generation Family Economic Security Commission, 2017-2018; Oversight Committee on Quality Care in Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities, 2020-; Maryland Environmental Trust, 2015-; Girls' Services Strategic Plan Task Force, Dept. of Juvenile Services, 2010; Rural Maryland Council, 2009-2015; Workgroup on Cultural Competency and Workforce Development for Mental Health Professionals, 2007-2008; Mental Health Transformation Working Group, 2005-2011; Delegate, Republican Party National Convention, 2004; Task Force to Study the Maryland Heritage Structure Rehabilitation Tax Credit Program, 2003; Advisory Board, Institute for Public Affairs and Civic Engagement, Salisbury University, 2002-; Mid-Shore Regional Council, 2001-; Tri-County Council for the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland, 2001-; Governor's Task Force on Eastern Shore Economic Development, 1999-2001; Availability Committee of Task Force to Study Increasing the Availability of Substance Abuse Programs, 1998-2001; Human Services and Welfare Committee, National Conference of State Legislatures.
- Republican Party Caucus, 2007-; Maryland Veterans Caucus, 2006-; Taxpayers Protection Caucus, 2003-; Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Caucus, 2003-; Maryland Rural Caucus, 2002-; Maryland Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus, 2001-; Board of Directors, Leadership Maryland, Inc., 2001-; Women Legislators of Maryland (Secretary 1998-99; Secretary, 2000-01; Finance Committee, 2001-02; Secretary, 2003-04; 2nd Vice President, 2004-05), 1995-2015; Women Legislators of Maryland (1st Vice President, 2005-06; President-elect, 2006-07; President, 2007-08), 1995-2015; President, Maryland Nurses Association (Legislative Chair, 1986-89, 93-94), 1989-1991; Dorchester County Republican Central Committee, 1986-1994; Executive Committee, Maryland Hospital Association, 1993-; Board of Directors, Dorchester General Hospital, 1988-; Board Member, Chesapeake Health Planning Systems; Maryland Nurses Association; American Nurses Association; American Ortho-Psychiatric Association; Sigma Theta Tau; Past President, Chesapeake Health Planning Systems; Past Vice President, Chesapeake Health Planning Systems.
- President's Award, Community Development Network of Maryland, 2017; Recognition Award (school funding and public health), Maryland Association of Counties, 2015; John R. Hargreaves Distinguished Legislative Fellow, Salisbury University, 2009; Certificate of Appreciation, Maryland Municipal League, 2008; Maryland's Top 100 Women, Daily Record, Circle of Excellence, 2007, 2005, 2003; Outstanding Rural Legislator Award, Rural Maryland Council, 2003; Outstanding Board Member Award, Maryland Nurses Association, 1992; Nurse of the Year, District 4, Maryland Nurses Association, 1991, 1986; Rosalie S. Abrams Legislative Award, Maryland Nurses Association, 1988; Psychiatric Nursing Award, University of Maryland Graduate School of Nursing, 1981; Recognition for Ongoing Commitment to and Support for Children, Youth, and Families, Local Management Board.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, September 8, 1943; Marple Newton Senior High School, 1964; Bryn Mawr Hospital School of Nursing, R.N. Diploma, 1964; University of Maryland School of Nursing, B.S., 1978, M.S., 1981; Regional Team, Mental Hygiene Administration, 1983-85; Adjunct Faculty, Salisbury State University, 1985; Adjunct Faculty, University of Maryland School of Nursing, 1991-99; Psychiatric Nurse Clinical Specialist, Eastern Shore Hospital Center, 1985-2003 (employed since 1973); Married; three sons; nine grandchildren.
Last Updated: 6/15/2021 11:51 AM