Delegate Benjamin Brooks
- Committee Assignment(s)
Economic Matters Committee
- Economic Matters Committee
- Annapolis Info
151 Lowe House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3352 | 301-858-3352
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3352
- 151 Lowe House Office Building
- Interim Info
8419 Liberty Road
Windsor Mill, MD 21244
- Phone 410-496-4037
- 8419 Liberty Road
Subscribe to My Newsletter
2022 Contact Information
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates in 2014. Member of the House since 2015.
- Current Assignments
- 2019 Chief Deputy Majority Whip
- 2015 Economic Matters Committee
- 2019 Chair, Public Utilities Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2015 Alcoholic Beverages Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2020 House Chair, Joint Electric Universal Service Program (EUSP) Workgroup
- 2020 Vice Chair, Baltimore County House Delegation
- 2015 Legislative Black Caucus (1st vice-chair, 2019-20; 2nd Vice-Chair, 2018-20; treasurer, 2016-18)
- 2015 Maryland Veterans Caucus
- Past House Service
- Deputy Majority Whip, 2017-2019; Property and Casualty Insurance Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee, 2015-2019; Task Force to Reduce the Rate of Uninsured Drivers, 2015.
- Public Service
- Advisory Council on the Impact of Regulations on Small Businesses, 2017-; Task Force to Investigate the Challenges of and Opportunities for Minorities in Business, 2016-2018; Maryland Small Business Retirement Savings Board, 2016-.
- Maryland Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus, 2015-; Edrich Manor Homeowners Association; Northern Cove Property Owners Association, Inc.; South Carolina State University Alumni Association, Greater Baltimore Chapter; The Liberty Road Business Association, Inc.; Baltimore County Democratic Central Committee, 2010-; Maryland Democratic Party Executive Committee; American Legion Post 202; Board of Directors, Sojourner Douglass College, 2012-; St. Gabriel Roman Catholic Church, Windsor Mill, Maryland.
- Good Conduct Medal; National Defense Medal; Accommodations and Vietnam Service Medals.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Sumter, South Carolina, April, 23, 1950; Ebenezer High School, 1968; U.S. Army, Vietnam Veteran, 1969 - 1971; South Carolina State University, B.S., Accounting, 1976; Owner, B&R Brooks Professional Tax Service, 1987-; Brooks Family Investments, Inc. President 2004-; Joseph E. Seagram and Sons, Accountant, 1976-1987; Married; three children..
Last Updated: 6/11/2021 12:18 PM