Delegate Talmadge Branch
- Baltimore City
- Committee Assignment(s)
Economic Matters Committee
Rules and Executive Nominations Committee
- Economic Matters Committee
- Annapolis Info
151 House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3398 | 301-858-3398
Toll-free in MD
- 151 House Office Building
- Interim Info
1812 Ashland Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21205
- 1812 Ashland Ave.
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates, 1994. Member of the House since 1995.
- Current Assignments
- 2007- Majority Whip
- 2015 Economic Matters Committee
- 2015 Alcoholic Beverages Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2015 Public Utilities Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2015 Business Regulation Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2003- House Committee on Rules and Executive Nominations
- 2007- Legislative Policy Committee
- 1995 Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland, Inc. (Chair, 2000-02)
- Past House Service
- Ways and Means Committee, 2011-2014; Election Law Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2011-2014; Finance Resources Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2011-2014; Education Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2011-2014; Joint Committee on the Selection of the State Treasurer, 2011, 2007, 2015; Transportation and the Environment Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee, 2004-2010; Oversight Committee on Personnel of the Appropriations Committee, 2004-2010, 1995-1999; Oversight Committee on Pensions of the Appropriations Committee, 1999-2010; House Chair, Joint Committee on Welfare Reform, 2003-2014; Joint Committee on Transparency and Open Government, 2011-2014; Capital Budget Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee, 1998-2010; Appropriations Committee, 1995-2010; Vice Chair, Appropriations Committee, 2003-2007; Spending Affordability Committee, 2003-2015; Joint Audit Committee, 2003-2006; Vice Chair, Health and Human Resources Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee, 2003; Joint Committee on Children, Youth, and Families, 1999-2003; Vice Chair, Oversight Committee on Pensions of the Appropriations Committee, 1999-2003; Health and Human Resources Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee, 1995-2003; Task Force to Study the State's Retiree Health Insurance Liabilities, 2002; Deputy Majority Whip, 1999-2002; Special Committee on School Enrollment Management, 1996-1997; House Emergency Medical Services System Workgroup, 2009-2012.
- Public Service
- Commission on the Establishment of a Maryland Educators Service Memorial, 2013-2016; Vice Chair, Executive Committee, Democratic State Central Committee, 2009-2011; State Interagency Coordinating Committee (for Infants & Toddlers Program), 2000-2010; State Center Executive Committee, 2009-; Labor and Economic Development Committee, National Conference of State Legislators, 2007-; Economic Development, Trade, and Cultural Affairs Committee, National Conference of State Legislators, 2005-2007; Joint Commission on the Maryland Port Administration, 2005-2006; Task Force on Lending Equity within Financial Institutions Providing State Depository Services, 2005; Chair, Maryland Legislative Black Caucus, 2000-2002; Judith P. Hoyer Blue Ribbon Commission on Early Child Care and Education, 2000-2001; Economic Development Committee, Maryland Legislative Black Caucus, 2000; Ethics Committee, Maryland Legislative Black Caucus, 2000; Delegate, Democratic Party National Convention, 2000; Partnership Policy Council on Block Grants, 1996-1998; Baltimore City Mayor's representative to Cecil Kirk Community, 1992-1993; Fiscal Subcommittee, Baltimore City Delegation.
- Advisory Board, Institute for Public Affairs and Civic Engagement, Salisbury University , 2002-; National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) ; Eastside Democratic Organization ; America's Fund .
- John R. Hargreaves Distinguished Legislative Fellow Award, Institute for Public Affairs and Civic Engagement, Salisbury University, 2010; Young Democrat of the Year, Young Democrats of Maryland, 1985; Award from State Senate, 1985; Award from the President of the Baltimore City Council, 1981; Award from Baltimore City Council, 1981; Mayor's Citation, Baltimore City; Award from Maryland State Conference, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).
- Biographical Information
- Born, North Hampton County, North Carolina, January 30, 1956; Northern High School, Baltimore, 1974; Essex Community College, A.A., 1978; Salisbury State College, B.A., Political Science, 1981; Special Assistant to U.S. Representative Parren J. Mitchell, 7th Congressional District, 1984-87; Full-Time Legislator; Three children.
Last Updated: 1/20/2020 10:26 AM