Delegate John L. Bohanan, Jr.
- St. Mary's
- Committee Assignment(s)
- Annapolis Info
350 House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Toll-free in MD
- 350 House Office Building
- Interim Info
46940 South Shangri-La Drive
Lexington Park, MD 20653
- 46940 South Shangri-La Drive
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates, 2002. Member of the House since 1999: appointed and sworn in December 16, 1999.
- Current Assignments
- 2003- Appropriations Committee
- 2007- Chair, Education and Economic Development Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee
- 2007- Oversight Committee on Personnel of the Appropriations Committee
- 2004- Capital Budget Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee
- 2003- Oversight Committee on Pensions of the Appropriations Committee
- 2007- House Chair, Spending Affordability Committee
- 2004- Chair, St. Mary’s County Delegation
- 2009- Chair, House Emergency Medical Services Workgroup
- Past House Service
- Joint Committee on the Management of Public Funds, 2004-2007; Deputy Majority Whip, 2003-2007; Chair, Health and Human Resources Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee, 2004-2006; Public Safety and Administration Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee, 2004; Chair, Oversight on Personnel Committee of the Appropriations Committee, 2004; Special Committee on Higher Education Affordability and Accessibility, 2003-2004; Transportation Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2001-2003; Ways and Means Committee, 1999-2003; Finance Resources Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 1999-2000.
- Public Service
- Maryland Economic Development and Business Climate Commission, 2014; Delegate, Southern Regional Education Board Work Conference, 2014; Co-Chair, Business Climate Workgroup, 2013-; First Vice Chair, Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland, 2011; 2009 State Plan for Postsecondary Education Workgroup, 2008-2009; Chair, Commission to Develop the Maryland Model for Funding Higher Education, 2007-2009; Vice Chair, Commission to Study Southern Maryland Transportation Needs, 2006-2008; Juvenile Drug Court Team, St. Mary's County, 2007-; Transit Funding Study Steering Committee, 2006-2007; Governor's Commission on the Structure and Efficiency of State Government, 2003; Adjudicatory Functions Subcommittee, Governor's Commission on the Structure and Efficiency of State Government, 2003; Judith P. Hoyer Blue Ribbon Commission on Early Child Care and Education, 2000-2001; Special Task Force for Transit-Oriented Development, 2000-2001; Executive Board, Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland, 2000-.
- Maryland Veterans Caucus, 2005-; Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Caucus, 2003-; Maryland Rural Caucus, 2002-; Historic Sotterley, Inc.; Past Member, Board of Directors, St. Mary's County Historical Society.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Leonardtown, Maryland, September 12, 1958; St. Mary's Ryken High School; Towson State University, B.S., Finance, 1981; Legislative Assistant to U.S. Representative Roy P. Dyson, 1981-87; Senior Staff, Tracor Applied Sciences, Inc., 1987-91; Project Analyst and Operations Manager, SFA, Inc., 1991-93; District Director for U.S. Representative Steny H. Hoyer, 1993-2000; Senior Advisor to U.S. Representative Steny H. Hoyer, 2000-; Married, Three children.
Last Updated: 10/15/2019 3:24 PM