Delegate Curt Anderson
- Baltimore City
- Committee Assignment(s)
- Judiciary Committee
- Annapolis Info
314 House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3291 | 301-858-3291
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3291
- 314 House Office Building
- Interim Info
4804 York Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
- 4804 York Road
Denotes enacted legislation
- Member, House of Delegates, 1983-1995. Re-elected to the House of Delegates in 2002. Member of the House since 2003.
- Current Assignments
- 2003- Judiciary Committee
- 2021 Public Safety Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee
- 2019 Criminal Law and Procedure Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee
- 2003- Special Committee on Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- 2006 Maryland Veterans Caucus
- 2003- Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland, Inc.
- Past House Service
- Deputy Majority Whip, 2015-2018; Civil Law and Procedure Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee, 2015-2021; Criminal Justice Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee (Chair 2007-2018), 2003-2019; Work Group to Address Police Reform and Accountability in Maryland, 2020; House Chair, Public Safety and Policing Workgroup, 2015-2016; Task Force to Study the Laws and Policies Relating to Representation of Indigent Criminal Defendants by the Office of the Public Defender, 2012-2014; Co-Chair, Task Force to Study Court Decision Regarding Pit Bulls, 2012-2013; Chair, Estates and Trusts Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee, 2003-2007; Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive and Legislative Review, 2003-2004; Chair, Baltimore City House Delegation (Fiscal Subcommittee), 2007-2018.
- Public Service
- Maryland Police Standards and Training Commission, 2016-; Mayor's Working Group on the Use and Implementation of (Police) Body-Worn Cameras, Baltimore City, 2014-2015; Delegate, Democratic Party National Convention, 2008, 1992; Maryland State Commission on Criminal Sentencing Policy, 2003-; Governor's Commission on Maryland Military Monuments, 1989-1995; Governor's Task Force to Study Alternative College Financing Methods, 1987.
- Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland (Chair, Law & Justice Subcommittee, 2007), 2003-; Chair, Board of Directors, Northwood Baseball League, 1999-2001; Chair, Baltimore City College School Improvement Team, 1997-1999; Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland (Chair, 1989-1990), 1983-1985; Board of Provident Hospital, 1978-1982; American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, 1975-1982; Maryland State Bar Association (Criminal Law and Practice Section); Monumental City Bar Association; Life Member, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP); Co-Founder, 43/44 Democratic Club; Mount Royal Democratic Club; New Democratic Club.
- Defender of Defenders Award, Office of Public Defender , 2008.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Chicago, Illinois, October 12, 1949; Baltimore City College High School, 1967; Rutgers University; Morgan State University, B.A., Political Science, 1983; University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 1987; Attorney; Criminal Investigator, Pre-Trial Release, 1971-74; Job Counselor, Baltimore Urban League, 1973-75; Anchor, WMAR-TV (channel 2-Baltimore), 1975-82; Former Broadcast Journalist, WBAL-TV (channel 11-Baltimore); Member, Ray of Hope Baptist Church; Four children; four grandchildren.
Last Updated: 4/26/2021 4:11 PM