Article - Transportation
(a) “Plug–in electric drive vehicle” means a motor vehicle that:
(1) Is made by a manufacturer;
(2) Is manufactured primarily for use on public streets, roads, and highways;
(3) Is rated at not more than 8,500 pounds unloaded gross vehicle weight;
(4) Has a maximum speed capability of at least 55 miles per hour; and
(5) Is propelled to a significant extent by an electric motor that draws electricity from a battery that:
(i) Has a capacity of not less than 4 kilowatt–hours for 4–wheeled motor vehicles and not less than 2.5 kilowatt–hours for 2–wheeled or 3–wheeled motor vehicles; and
(ii) Is capable of being recharged from an external source of electricity.
(b) “Plug–in electric drive vehicle” includes a qualifying vehicle that has been modified from original manufacturer specifications.