Article - State Personnel and Pensions
(a) In accordance with the provisions and intent of the Maryland Constitution and other laws of the State, each unit shall:
(1) comply with all applicable regulations, policies, guidelines, and directives of the Secretary to carry out this section;
(2) cooperate fully with the Coordinator in the investigation of complaints of discrimination in violation of § 5–208 of this subtitle;
(3) (i) in accordance with the regulations, policies, guidelines, and directives of the Secretary, annually prepare a plan that includes the development and implementation of policies and programs to ensure that protected group members are appropriately represented and that the personnel practices in the unit are not discriminatory; and
(ii) submit to the Secretary the progress reports about the plan that the Secretary requires;
(4) for each fiscal year, submit to the Coordinator by the following October 15 an annual report about the activities that the unit undertook in that fiscal year to implement the Program, including:
(i) information about personnel practices within the unit;
(ii) a summary of complaints filed, investigated, resolved, and pending;
(iii) information about relations with other units of State government;
(iv) information about sexual harassment policies and prevention training; and
(v) a summary of sexual harassment complaints filed, investigated, resolved, and pending; and
(5) provide a copy of the annual report to the Commission on Civil Rights.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provision of this subtitle, the University System of Maryland may satisfy any reporting requirement required by this subtitle or by regulations adopted under this subtitle by submitting to the Secretary an annual report on the System’s equal employment opportunity policies and programs in such format as is determined by the System’s Board of Regents.
(c) An appointing authority shall provide each employee subject to this subtitle with a notice of:
(1) the protections and remedies against employment discrimination available to the employee under:
(i) this subtitle;
(ii) the laws governing the Commission on Civil Rights; and
(iii) the laws governing the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; and
(2) the applicable time limitations for filing complaints under those laws.