Article - State Government
(a) The Secretary of State shall cancel the participation of a Program participant if:
(1) the Program participant fails to notify the Secretary of State of any legal name change or change in address or telephone number in the manner required by § 7–306 of this subtitle;
(2) the Program participant files a request for withdrawal of participation under § 7–304(c)(2) of this subtitle;
(3) the Program participant submits false information in applying for participation in the Program in violation of § 7–305 of this subtitle; or
(4) the Secretary of State forwards mail to the Program participant and the mail is returned as undeliverable.
(b) The Secretary of State shall send notice of any cancellation of participation in the Program to the participant and shall set forth the reason for cancellation.
(c) A Program participant may appeal any cancellation decision by filing an appeal with the Secretary of State within 30 days after the date of the notice of cancellation in accordance with procedures developed by the Secretary of State.
(d) (1) An individual who ceases to be a Program participant is responsible for notifying any person who uses the substitute address designated by the Secretary of State that the substitute address is no longer valid.
(2) If an individual has requested the shielding of property records in accordance with Title 3, Subtitle 1, Part II of the Real Property Article, the Secretary of State shall give written notice to the clerk of the circuit court within 30 days after the individual ceases to be a Program participant.