Article - State Finance and Procurement
(a) In accordance with the Maryland Constitution and other law, the Governor shall include in each budget bill:
(1) an appropriation to pay the principal of and interest on the State debt;
(2) without revision, the appropriations requested for public schools, as certified by the State Superintendent of Schools;
(3) without revision, the appropriations requested for the Legislative Branch of the State government, as certified by the presiding officers of the General Assembly;
(4) without revision, the appropriations requested for the Judicial Branch of the State government, as certified by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Maryland;
(5) the appropriations requested by the Governor for the Executive Branch of the State government;
(6) the appropriations required by law to be included with the appropriations for the Executive Branch;
(7) appropriations for the salaries required by law to be paid by the State; and
(8) any other appropriations required by the Maryland Constitution or other law to be included in the budget bill.
(b) The Governor shall use the current salary plan of the Secretary of Budget and Management as the basis for the appropriations to pay those salaries to which the plan applies.