Article - State Finance and Procurement
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Community service provider” means an entity that:
(1) is organized under the laws of the United States or this State;
(2) is accredited by the Division of Rehabilitation Services of the State Department of Education for participation in the Employment Works Program;
(3) is operated in the interest of individuals who have a mental or physical disability, including blindness, that:
(i) constitutes a substantial barrier to employment; and
(ii) prevents the individual from engaging in competitive employment; and
(4) does not inure net income wholly or partly to the benefit of any shareholder or other individual.
(c) “Individual with disability owned business” means a business:
(1) that is organized under the laws of the United States or the State;
(2) that is majority owned by an individual or individuals determined by the Division of Rehabilitation Services in the State Department of Education to have a disability, as defined by Title 21, Subtitle 3 of the Education Article;
(3) whose majority owner or owners are directly and significantly engaged in the daily operation of the business;
(4) whose workforce includes individuals with disabilities comprising a percentage of the workforce that is at or above the minimum required under the policies or guidelines established by the Pricing and Selection Committee for the Employment Works Program;
(5) whose total gross revenues for contracts assigned under the Program at the time of assignment do not exceed the maximum allowed under policies or guidelines established by the Pricing and Selection Committee for the Employment Works Program; and
(6) that continues to meet all other eligibility criteria established by the Pricing and Selection Committee for the Employment Works Program.
(d) “Preferred provider” means a provider of supplies or services given preference in § 14–103 of this subtitle.
(e) “State aided or controlled entity” means any public or quasi–public institution that receives aid from the State or that is owned, controlled, or managed by the State.