Article - State Finance and Procurement
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Designated procurement unit” means:
(1) the Department of Budget and Management;
(2) the Department of General Services;
(3) the Department of Information Technology; or
(4) the Department of Transportation.
(c) “eMaryland Marketplace” means the Internet–based procurement system managed by the Department of General Services.
(d) “Evaluated bid price” means the price of a bid after adjustment in accordance with objective measurable criteria.
(e) “Master contracting” means a streamlined procurement method that provides for the qualification of bidders and offerors for the procurement of services, supplies, or commodities.
(f) (1) “Objective measurable criteria” means standards that enable the State to compare the economy, effectiveness, or value of the subject of the bids.
(2) “Objective measurable criteria” includes standards of reliability, operational costs, maintainability, useful life, and residual value.
(g) “Person” includes, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) the State;
(2) a county, a municipal corporation, or any other political subdivision; and
(3) any unit of the State government or a political subdivision.
(h) “Task order” means a procurement process in which only those vendors with master contracts may compete to provide the services, supplies, or commodities under the procurement.