Article - Public Utilities
(a) (1) The Commission shall establish and maintain a market-based renewable electricity trading system to facilitate the creation and transfer of renewable energy credits.
(2) To the extent practicable, the trading system shall be consistent with and operate in conjunction with the trading system developed by PJM Interconnection, Inc., if available.
(3) The Commission may contract with a for-profit or a nonprofit entity to assist in the administration of the electricity trading system required under paragraph (1) of this subsection.
(b) (1) The system shall include a registry of pertinent information regarding all:
(i) available renewable energy credits; and
(ii) renewable energy credit transactions among electricity suppliers in the State, including:
1. the creation and application of renewable energy credits;
2. the number of renewable energy credits sold or transferred; and
3. the price paid for the sale or transfer of renewable energy credits.
(2) (i) The registry shall provide current information to electricity suppliers and the public on the status of renewable energy credits created, sold, or transferred in the State.
(ii) Registry information shall be available by computer network access through the Internet.