Article - Natural Resources
(a) There is a Chesapeake Conservation Corps Program administered by the Trust, in consultation with the Corps Board.
(b) The purpose of the Corps Program is to:
(1) Promote, preserve, protect, and sustain the environment;
(2) Provide young adults with opportunities to become better citizens, students, and workers through meaningful service to their communities and the State;
(3) Mobilize, educate, and train youth and young adults to work with communities and schools to promote energy conservation and mitigate and prevent threats to the environment;
(4) Provide opportunities for youth and young adults, especially disadvantaged youth, to be trained for careers that will be part of the emerging field of “green collar” jobs;
(5) Educate and train communities and individuals for the long–term action needed to continue to promote, preserve, protect, and sustain the environment after a Corps project has been completed;
(6) Act as a coordinator and facilitator of efforts to foster public–private partnerships in developing “green collar” job opportunities and in enhancing and expanding the workforce available for environmental protection and clean energy industries; and
(7) Channel available public and private resources to the protection, conservation, and preservation of the environment of the State.