Article - Natural Resources
(a) The Coast Smart Council shall include:
(1) The Secretary of Natural Resources, or the Secretary’s designee;
(2) The Secretary of Budget and Management, or the Secretary’s designee;
(3) The Secretary of the Environment, or the Secretary’s designee;
(4) The Secretary of General Services, or the Secretary’s designee;
(5) The Secretary of Planning, or the Secretary’s designee;
(6) The Secretary of Transportation, or the Secretary’s designee;
(7) The Secretary of Commerce, or the Secretary’s designee;
(8) The Chair of the Critical Area Commission for the Chesapeake and Atlantic Coastal Bays, or the Chair’s designee;
(9) The Director of the Maryland Emergency Management Agency, or the Director’s designee;
(10) The State Treasurer, or the State Treasurer’s designee;
(11) The Chancellor of the University System of Maryland, or the Chancellor’s designee; and
(12) Five members appointed by the Governor to represent local government, environmental, and business interests.
(b) The Secretary of Natural Resources or the Secretary’s designee shall chair the Council.
(c) (1) Subject to paragraph (2) of this subsection, the term of a member appointed by the Governor is 2 years.
(2) The Governor shall stagger the terms of the initial appointed members.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the remainder of that term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(5) The Governor may remove an appointed member for incompetence, misconduct, or failure to perform the duties of the position.
(d) A member appointed by the Governor may not receive compensation but is entitled to reimbursement for expenses under the Standard State Travel Regulations, as provided in the State budget.