Article - Land Use
(a) (1) In Montgomery County, the County Council shall make an appointment to the Commission from a list of applicants.
(2) The list shall be:
(i) completed at least 3 weeks before an appointment is made; and
(ii) made available to the public.
(3) If the County Council does not appoint an individual whose name appears on the list or if no name appears on the list, the County Council shall provide for the preparation of a second list and follow the procedures under paragraph (2) of this subsection.
(4) Within 3 days after making an appointment, the County Council shall submit the name of the appointee to the County Executive.
(5) Within 30 days after the appointment is submitted, the County Executive shall approve or disapprove the appointment.
(6) An appointment that is not disapproved by the County Executive in accordance with this subsection is deemed to be approved.
(7) If the County Executive disapproves an appointment, the County Executive shall return the appointment to the County Council with the reasons for the disapproval stated in writing.
(8) By the affirmative vote of seven of its members, the County Council may appoint a commissioner over the disapproval of the County Executive.
(b) (1) In Prince George’s County, the County Council shall hold public hearings on an appointment to the Commission not less than 10 days and not more than 20 days after the County Executive submits the name of the appointee to the County Council.
(2) If the County Council fails to act on the appointment within 30 days after the County Executive submits the name of the appointee, the appointment is deemed to be approved.
(3) A vote of a majority of the full County Council is required to approve or disapprove an appointment.
(4) (i) In making and approving appointments, the County Council and County Executive shall attempt to provide reasonable geographic balance with respect to the commissioners’ places of residence.
(ii) The appointment resolution for each appointment shall describe the resulting geographic distribution and provide appropriate explanations.