Article - Labor and Employment
(a) An employer shall notify the employer’s employees that the employees are entitled to earned sick and safe leave under this subtitle.
(b) The notice provided under subsection (a) of this section shall include:
(1) a statement of how earned sick and safe leave is accrued under § 3–1304 of this subtitle;
(2) the purposes for which the employer is required to allow an employee to use earned sick and safe leave under § 3–1305 of this subtitle;
(3) a statement regarding the prohibition:
(i) in § 3–1309 of this subtitle against the employer taking adverse action against an employee who exercises a right under this subtitle; and
(ii) in § 3–1310 of this subtitle against an employee making a complaint, bringing an action, or testifying in an action in bad faith; and
(4) information regarding the right of an employee to report an alleged violation of this subtitle by the employer to the Commissioner or to bring a civil action under § 3–1308(c) of this subtitle.
(c) The Commissioner shall:
(1) create and make available a poster and a model notice at no charge to the employer that may be used by an employer to comply with subsection (a) of this section;
(2) develop a model sick and safe leave policy that an employer may use as a sick and safe leave policy in an employee handbook or other written guidance to employees concerning employee benefits or leave provided by the employer; and
(3) provide technical assistance to an employer, if an employer requests assistance regarding implementing the provisions of this subtitle.
(d) The Department shall post the notice and model sick and safe leave policy created and developed under subsection (c)(1) and (2) of this section on the Department’s Web site in a downloadable format.