Article - Labor and Employment
(a) In addition to any duties set forth elsewhere, the Commissioner shall:
(1) enforce Subtitle 2 of this title;
(2) carry out Subtitle 3 of this title;
(3) enforce Subtitle 4 of this title;
(4) enforce Subtitle 9 of this title;
(5) enforce Subtitle 16 of this title; and
(6) enforce a local minimum wage law.
(b) If the Governor declares an emergency or disaster, then, with the consent of the Governor, the Commissioner may suspend enforcement of any provision of Subtitle 2 of this title until the emergency or disaster ends.
(c) The Commissioner has the same powers and duties in enforcing a local minimum wage law as the Commissioner has in enforcing Subtitle 4 of this title.