Article - Insurance
(a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Advance directive” has the meaning stated in § 5–601 of the Health – General Article.
(3) (i) “Carrier” means:
1. an insurer;
2. a nonprofit health service plan;
3. a health maintenance organization; and
4. any other person that provides health benefit plans subject to regulation by the State.
(ii) “Carrier” does not include a managed care organization.
(b) A carrier shall provide the advance directive information sheet developed under § 5–615 of the Health – General Article:
(1) in the carrier’s member publications;
(2) if the carrier maintains a Web site on the Internet, on the carrier’s Web site; and
(3) at the request of a member.