Article - Health Occupations
(a) In this section, “social worker rehabilitation committee” means a committee that:
(1) Is defined in subsection (b) of this section; and
(2) Performs any of the functions listed in subsection (d) of this section.
(b) For purposes of this section, a social worker rehabilitation committee is a committee of the Board or a committee with representatives from one or more professional social work organizations that:
(1) Is recognized by the Board; and
(2) Includes but is not limited to social workers.
(c) A rehabilitation committee of the Board or recognized by the Board may function to assist persons referred:
(1) Solely by the Board;
(2) Jointly with a rehabilitation committee representing another board or boards; or
(3) By the licensee.
(d) For purposes of this section, the social worker rehabilitation committee:
(1) Evaluates and provides assistance to any social worker, and any other individual regulated by the Board, in need of treatment and rehabilitation for alcoholism, substance abuse or dependency, or other physical, emotional, or mental condition; and
(2) Provides information and resources to address impairment.
(e) (1) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, the proceedings, records, and files of the social worker rehabilitation committee are not discoverable and are not admissible in evidence in any civil action arising out of matters that are being or have been reviewed and evaluated by the social worker rehabilitation committee.
(2) Paragraph (1) of this subsection does not apply to any record or document that is considered by the social worker rehabilitation committee and that otherwise would be subject to discovery or introduction into evidence in a civil action.
(3) For purposes of this subsection, civil action does not include a proceeding before the Board or judicial review of a proceeding before the Board.
(f) A person who acts in good faith and within the scope of jurisdiction of the social worker rehabilitation committee is not civilly liable for any action as a member of the social worker rehabilitation committee or for giving information to, participating in, or contributing to the function of the social worker rehabilitation committee.