Article - Health Occupations
(a) The Board may require an applicant to submit to a behavioral health or physical examination by a health care practitioner designated by the Board if the Board:
(1) Has reason to believe that the applicant may cause harm to the applicant or to another person;
(2) Makes a written request for the applicant to submit to the examination;
(3) Provides the applicant with a list of three health care practitioners from which the applicant may choose a health care practitioner to conduct the examination; and
(4) Pays the cost of the examination.
(b) An applicant required to submit to an examination under subsection (a) of this section shall be deemed to have:
(1) Consented to submit to the examination; and
(2) Waived any claim or privilege as to the examination report.
(c) The refusal of an applicant to submit to the examination required under subsection (a) of this section shall be prima facie evidence of the applicant’s inability to practice social work competently, unless the Board finds that the refusal was beyond the control of the applicant.