Article - Health Occupations
(a) The Committee consists of seven members appointed by the Board as follows:
(1) (i) On or before September 30, 2009, three registered polysomnographic technologists; or
(ii) On or after October 1, 2009, three licensed polysomnographic technologists;
(2) Three physicians who are board certified in sleep medicine:
(i) One of whom is a specialist in psychiatry or internal medicine;
(ii) One of whom is a specialist in pulmonary medicine; and
(iii) One of whom is a specialist in neurology; and
(3) One consumer member.
(b) The consumer member of the Committee:
(1) Shall be a member of the general public;
(2) May not be or ever have been:
(i) A polysomnographic technologist;
(ii) Any health care professional; or
(iii) In training to be a polysomnographic technologist or other health care professional;
(3) May not have a household member who is a health care professional or is in training to be a health care professional; and
(4) May not:
(i) Participate or ever have participated in a commercial or professional field related to polysomnography;
(ii) Have a household member who participates in a commercial or professional field related to polysomnography;
(iii) Have had within 2 years before appointment a financial interest in a person regulated by the Board; or
(iv) Have had within 2 years before appointment a financial interest in the provision of goods or services to polysomnographic technologists or to the field of polysomnography.
(c) (1) The term of a member is 3 years.
(2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Committee on October 1, 2006.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(d) (1) From among its members, the Committee shall elect a chair once every 2 years.
(2) The chair, or the chair’s designee, shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Board as a representative of the Committee.