Article - Health - General
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, a behavioral health program shall be licensed by the Secretary before program services may be provided in this State.
(b) The Secretary may exempt the following persons from the licensure requirements of this section:
(1) A health professional, in either solo or group practice, who is licensed under the Health Occupations Article and who is providing mental health or substance–related disorder services according to the requirements of the appropriate professional board;
(2) Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, recovery residences, peer support services, family support services, or other similar organizations, if the organization holds meetings or provides support services but does not provide any type of treatment;
(3) An employees’ assistance program of a business entity;
(4) Outpatient behavioral health treatment and rehabilitation services provided in a regulated space in a hospital, as defined in § 19–301 of this article, if the services are accredited by an approved accreditation organization under its behavioral health standards; or
(5) A private therapeutic group home as defined in § 10–920 of this article.