Article - Health - General
(a) A person may not fail or refuse to execute and deliver a certificate of birth, death, or fetal death required by this subtitle.
(b) (1) A person may not willfully provide false information for entry or willfully enter false information on a certificate of birth, death, or fetal death.
(2) A person may not fail to provide a Social Security number or willfully provide a false Social Security number to the clerk of court under § 4–208(f) of this subtitle.
(c) Except as authorized by this subtitle, a person may not willfully alter any certificate, certified copy of a certificate, or other certified statement that relates to a birth, death, fetal death, or marriage registered under this subtitle.
(d) (1) A person may not willfully use or attempt to use, with the intention to deceive, any certificate of birth or certified copy of a record of birth knowing that the certificate or certified copy:
(i) Was issued on a record that is wholly or partly false; or
(ii) Relates to the birth of another individual.
(2) A person may not willfully and knowingly provide a certificate of birth or a certified copy of a record of birth to another person with the intention that it be used by that person to deceive.
(e) Without authorization, a person may not produce, reproduce, or distribute a blank certificate or other form that the Secretary uses to register or certify facts that relate to a birth, death, fetal death, or marriage.
(f) A person may not willfully use or attempt to use a photocopy of a birth, death, fetal death, or marriage certificate for any fraudulent or deceptive purpose.
(g) A person who has access to the birth, death, or fetal death records in the custody of the Secretary or an agent of the Secretary may not willfully communicate to anyone known to the person to be unauthorized any fact recorded on any birth, death, or fetal death certificate.
(h) A person may not willfully transport or accept for transportation, dissection, or other disposition a body without a burial–transit permit, as provided in this subtitle.
(i) A person may not willfully:
(1) Violate any provision of this subtitle;
(2) Neglect to perform any duty imposed by this subtitle; or
(3) Violate any rule or regulation adopted under this subtitle.