Article - Health - General
(a) There is a Maryland Prenatal and Infant Care Coordination Services Grant Program Fund.
(b) The purpose of the Fund is to make grants to counties and municipalities to provide care coordination services to low–income pregnant and postpartum women and to children from birth to 3 years old.
(c) The Secretary shall:
(1) Award grants from the Fund; and
(2) Oversee the operation of the Fund.
(d) (1) The Fund is a special, nonlapsing fund that is not subject to § 7–302 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
(2) The State Treasurer shall hold the Fund separately, and the Comptroller shall account for the Fund.
(e) The Fund consists of:
(1) Money appropriated in the State budget to the Fund;
(2) Investment earnings of the Fund; and
(3) Any other money from any other source accepted for the benefit of the Fund.
(f) (1) In fiscal year 2020, the Governor shall include in the annual budget $50,000 for the Fund.
(2) For fiscal year 2021 and each fiscal year thereafter, the Governor shall include in the annual budget $100,000 for the Fund.
(g) The Fund may be used only to provide grants to counties and municipalities to provide care coordination services to low–income pregnant and postpartum women and children from birth to 3 years old.
(h) (1) The State Treasurer shall invest the money of the Fund in the same manner as other State money may be invested.
(2) Any interest earnings of the Fund shall be credited to the Fund, including interest earnings under subsection (e) of this section.
(i) Expenditures from the Fund may be made only in accordance with the State budget.
(j) Money expended from the Fund for grants under this subtitle is supplemental to and is not intended to take the place of funding that otherwise would be appropriated for care coordination services.
(k) The Fund is subject to audit by the Office of Legislative Audits as provided in § 2–1220 of the State Government Article.