Article - Health - General
(a) The Department shall, in consultation with 2–1–1 Maryland, as appropriate:
(1) Maintain public information available from State agencies, programs, and departments that provide health and human services;
(2) Support projects and activities that further the development of 2–1–1 Maryland;
(3) Examine and make recommendations to maximize the use of information technology in making 2–1–1 services available throughout the State;
(4) Evaluate the performance of each 2–1–1 Maryland call center;
(5) Make recommendations to 2–1–1 Maryland regarding the quality of service provided by call centers or the performance of call centers when issues related to service quality and performance are presented to the Department; and
(6) Make recommendations regarding corrective action to be taken by a call center, as appropriate.
(b) On or before December 31, 2005, and every year thereafter, the Department, in consultation with 2–1–1 Maryland, shall report to the Governor and, subject to § 2–1257 of the State Government Article, to the General Assembly on the activities performed under subsection (a) of this section.