Article - Health - General
(a) A local health planning agency shall:
(1) Develop a local health plan by assessing local health needs and resources; and
(2) Provide input into the development of statewide criteria and standards for certificate of need and health planning.
(b) The Department may require that in developing local health plans, each local health planning agency:
(1) Use data compatible with State data and data used by other local health planning agencies;
(2) Meet applicable planning specifications; and
(3) Work with other local health planning agencies to ensure consistency among local health plans.
(c) Subject to the annual State budget, the Department shall provide funding to local health planning agencies for implementation of the functions under this section and any other functions required by the Department or the Maryland Health Care Commission.