Article - Health - General
(a) The following units are in the Department:
(1) Anatomy Board.
(2) Behavioral Health Administration.
(3) Developmental Disabilities Administration.
(4) Health Services Cost Review Commission.
(5) Maryland Psychiatric Research Center.
(6) Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
(7) Board of Examiners for Audiologists, Hearing Aid Dispensers, Speech–Language Pathologists, and Music Therapists.
(8) Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
(9) Board of Dental Examiners.
(10) Board of Dietetic Practice.
(11) Board of Electrologists.
(12) Board of Morticians and Funeral Directors.
(13) Board of Nursing.
(14) Board of Long–Term Care Administrators.
(15) Board of Occupational Therapy Practice.
(16) Board of Examiners in Optometry.
(17) Board of Pharmacy.
(18) Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
(19) Board of Physicians.
(20) Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners.
(21) Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists.
(22) Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
(23) Board of Social Work Examiners.
(24) Acupuncture Board.
(25) Board of Massage Therapy Examiners.
(26) Board for Certification of Residential Child Care Program Professionals.
(27) Board of Environmental Health Specialists.
(b) The Department also includes every other unit that is in the Department under any other law.
(c) The Secretary has the authority and powers specifically granted to the Secretary by law over the units in the Department. All authority and powers not so granted to the Secretary are reserved to those units free of the control of the Secretary.