Article - Health - General
(a) Except for a drug or device for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a black box warning, the Program and the Maryland Children’s Health Program may not apply a prior authorization requirement for a contraceptive drug or device that is:
(1) (i) An intrauterine device; or
(ii) An implantable rod;
(2) Approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration; and
(3) Obtained under a prescription written by an authorized prescriber.
(b) The Program and the Maryland Children’s Health Program shall provide coverage for a single dispensing to an enrollee of a supply of prescription contraceptives for a 12–month period.
(c) The Program and the Maryland Children’s Health Program shall provide coverage for services, to the same extent as services rendered by any other licensed health care practitioner, rendered to an enrollee by a licensed pharmacist under:
(1) § 12–509 of the Health Occupations Article in administering self–administered medications or maintenance injectable medications; or
(2) § 12–511 of the Health Occupations Article in screening an enrollee and prescribing contraceptives for the enrollee.