Article - Health - General
(a) Beginning in fiscal year 2007 and in every second year thereafter, the Department shall conduct a Tobacco Study which shall measure the same factors that are set forth in § 13–1003(c) of this subtitle and use the same methodology or model that was used for the Baseline Tobacco Study.
(b) To carry out the evaluation and surveillance functions of this subtitle, the Department may conduct any other tobacco study measuring the factors set forth in § 13–1003(c) of this subtitle and using a methodology or model that is consistent with but need not be identical to that used to conduct the Baseline Tobacco Study.
(c) (1) Subject to paragraphs (2) through (4) of this subsection, the Department shall contract with a higher education institution or private entity to conduct the Biennial Tobacco Study.
(2) The Department shall issue a request for proposal to select the entity that will conduct the Biennial Tobacco Study.
(3) The Department may contract with an entity to conduct one or more biennial tobacco studies.
(4) The Department shall use the criteria established in § 13–1003(e)(5) of this subtitle as a guide in administering the request for proposal process.
(d) On or before May 31 of each even–numbered fiscal year, beginning in fiscal year 2008, the Department shall submit a report to the Governor and, subject to § 2–1257 of the State Government Article, the General Assembly on:
(1) The results of the Biennial Tobacco Study; and
(2) Beginning in fiscal year 2024, a State– and county–level data summary and trends report on data collected under § 7–420 of the Education Article.