Article - Health - General
(a) On behalf of a minor, a parent or guardian of the person of the minor may apply, under this section, for admission of the minor to:
(1) Any facility that is not a State facility; or
(2) The following State facilities:
(i) A regional institute for children and adolescents; and
(ii) The child or adolescent unit of a State facility.
(b) The applicant shall submit a formal, written application that contains the personal information and is on the form required by the Administration.
(c) A facility may not admit an individual under this section unless:
(1) The individual has a mental disorder;
(2) The mental disorder is susceptible to care or treatment;
(3) The applicant understands the nature of a request for admission; and
(4) Assent to the admission has been given:
(i) By the admitting physician of the facility; or
(ii) For a child or adolescent unit of a State facility, by:
1. 1 physician and 1 psychologist;
2. 2 physicians;
3. 1 physician and 1 psychiatric nurse practitioner;
4. 1 physician and 1 licensed certified social worker–clinical; or
5. 1 physician and 1 licensed clinical professional counselor.
(d) An admission under this section to a child or adolescent unit of a State facility may not exceed 20 days.