Article - General Provisions
(a) The Board shall:
(1) receive, review, and, subject to § 3–207 of this subtitle, resolve complaints from any person alleging a violation of this title; and
(2) issue a written opinion as to whether a violation has occurred.
(b) The Board shall receive and review any complaint alleging a prospective violation of this title as provided under § 3–212 of this subtitle.
(c) The Board shall:
(1) study ongoing compliance with this title by public bodies; and
(2) make recommendations to the General Assembly for improvements in this title.
(d) The Board, in conjunction with the Office of the Attorney General and other interested organizations or persons, shall develop and conduct educational programs and distribute educational materials on the requirements of the open meetings law for the staffs and attorneys of:
(1) public bodies;
(2) the Maryland Municipal League;
(3) the Maryland Association of Counties; and
(4) the Maryland Association of Boards of Education.
(e) (1) On or before October 1 of each year, the Board shall submit an annual report to the Governor and, subject to § 2–1257 of the State Government Article, the General Assembly.
(2) The report shall:
(i) describe the activities of the Board;
(ii) describe the opinions of the Board;
(iii) state the number and nature of complaints filed with the Board and discuss complaints that reasonable notice of a meeting was not given;
(iv) identify the provisions of this title that the Board has found a public body to have violated and the number of times each provision has been violated;
(v) identify each public body that the Board has found to have violated a provision of this title; and
(vi) recommend any improvements to this title.