Article - Family Law
(a) In consultation with interested stakeholders, the Administration shall prepare an annual report on voluntary placement agreements for children and young adults in the State.
(b) The report shall include:
(1) the total number of voluntary placement agreements that were:
(ii) denied; and
(iii) requested for behavioral health reasons, including voluntary placement agreements that were requested for children with a developmental disability who are also diagnosed with a behavioral health disorder;
(2) the reason for any denials; and
(3) for voluntary placement agreements that were approved, the type of initial placement, including:
(i) residential treatment center;
(ii) group home placement;
(iii) therapeutic group home;
(iv) diagnostic placement;
(v) therapeutic foster home; and
(vi) any other type of placement.
(c) The report shall group the information required under subsection (b) of this section by the following regions:
(1) Baltimore region, consisting of Baltimore City, Baltimore County, and Harford County;
(2) Eastern Shore, consisting of Caroline County, Cecil County, Dorchester County, Kent County, Queen Anne’s County, Somerset County, Talbot County, Wicomico County, and Worcester County;
(3) Metro Region, consisting of Howard County, Montgomery County, and Prince George’s County;
(4) Southern Maryland, consisting of Anne Arundel County, Calvert County, Charles County, and St. Mary’s County; and
(5) Western Maryland, consisting of Allegany County, Carroll County, Frederick County, Garrett County, and Washington County.
(d) On or before December 1 each year, the Administration shall submit the report required under this section to the Governor and, in accordance with § 2–1257 of the State Government Article, the General Assembly.