Article - Financial Institutions
(a) (1) Subject to paragraph (2) of this subsection, each banking institution shall be closed on the following legal holidays:
(i) New Year’s Day;
(ii) Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday;
(iii) Washington’s Birthday;
(iv) Good Friday;
(v) Memorial Day;
(vi) Independence Day;
(vii) Labor Day;
(viii) Columbus Day;
(ix) Veterans’ Day;
(x) Thanksgiving Day; and
(xi) Christmas Day.
(2) (i) When a legal holiday differs from the corresponding federal holiday, a banking institution:
1. May be closed on both holidays; and
2. Shall be closed on one of the holidays.
(ii) When there is no corresponding federal holiday for a legal holiday listed in paragraph (1) of this subsection, a banking institution:
1. May be closed on the legal holiday; or
2. May remain open on the legal holiday.
(b) (1) Each legal holiday that is not listed in subsection (a) of this section is an optional bank holiday.
(2) When, as to any optional bank holiday, the legal holiday differs from the corresponding federal holiday, a banking institution may be closed on:
(i) Both holidays;
(ii) The legal holiday; or
(iii) The federal holiday.