Bill number does not exist. Enter a vaild keyword.

Statutes Text

Article - Estates and Trusts


    (a)    (1)    When two or more heirs or legatees are entitled to distribution of undivided interests in property of the estate, the personal representative or one or more of the heirs or legatees may petition the court before the formal or informal closing of the estate, to make partition.

        (2)    After notice to the interested heirs or legatees, the court shall partition the property in the same manner as provided by law for civil actions of partition.

    (b)    The court may direct the personal representative to sell property which cannot be partitioned without prejudice to the owners and cannot conveniently be allotted to one party.

Click to return on the top page