Bill number does not exist. Enter a vaild keyword.

Statutes Text

Article - Environment


    (a)    A political subdivision that owns or operates a water system may contract with an authority as provided in subsection (b) of this section to shut off the supply of water to any premises that are connected with any sewerage system of the authority.

    (b)    If the owner, tenant, or occupant of any premises described in subsection (a) of this section fails, within the time stated in the contract, to pay any rate, fee, or charge for the use or services of the sewerage system of an authority, the authority may shut off the supply of water to the premises.

    (c)    (1)    An authority may disconnect service to a property on a finding or notification from the governing body of the political subdivision in which the property is located that the property is:

            (i)    A vacant lot; or

            (ii)    Cited as vacant and unfit for habitation on a housing or building violation notice.

        (2)    Subject to paragraph (3) of this subsection, on request by the owner of the property, the authority shall restore service to a property where service was disconnected in accordance with paragraph (1) of this subsection.

        (3)    (i)    An authority may require proof that all housing and building violation notices on a property have been resolved prior to restoring service under paragraph (2) of this subsection.

            (ii)    Prior to restoring service under paragraph (2) of this subsection, an authority may require the owner of the property to pay:

                1.    All unpaid rates, fees, charges, or assessments for service at the property; and

                2.    Any reconnection fees for service at the property.

Click to return on the top page