Article - Environment
(a) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, an individual shall be licensed by the Board in accordance with this subtitle before the individual may provide on–site wastewater services in the State.
(2) (i) An individual who provides on–site wastewater services in the State may continue to provide on–site wastewater services until the licensing requirements are established by the Department by regulation if the individual:
1. Complies with all applicable State and local laws and regulations;
2. On or before December 31, 2022, pays to the Department a fee of $150; and
3. Every 2 years thereafter until the Department sets fees in accordance with § 9–11A–10 of this subtitle, pays to the Department a renewal fee of $150.
(ii) All fees collected by the Department under this paragraph shall be used by the Department to:
1. Pay for the creation of the Board;
2. Cover reasonable administrative costs; and
3. Implement the provisions of this subtitle.
(b) To qualify for a license, an applicant shall meet the requirements established by the Department by regulation.
(c) To apply for a license, an applicant shall:
(1) Submit to the Board an application on the form that the Board provides; and
(2) Pay to the Board the required application fee set by the Department by regulation.
(d) A license issued by the Board in accordance with this subtitle is valid for 2 years.
(e) In accordance with the requirements established by the Department by regulation, the Board may issue a certification to an individual to perform specific tasks associated with on–site wastewater services if the individual:
(1) Is licensed by the Board; or
(2) Holds a professional license that is approved by the Board.