Article - Environment
(a) In this section, “Fund” means the On–Site Wastewater Professionals Fund.
(b) There is an On–Site Wastewater Professionals Fund.
(c) The purpose of the Fund is to provide funding to maintain the Board.
(d) The Board shall administer the Fund.
(e) (1) The Fund is a special, nonlapsing fund that is not subject to § 7–302 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
(2) The State Treasurer shall hold the Fund separately, and the Comptroller shall account for the Fund.
(f) The Fund consists of:
(1) All fees, penalties, and fines collected under this subtitle;
(2) Money appropriated in the State budget to the Fund;
(3) Interest earnings of the Fund;
(4) Donations to the Fund; and
(5) Any other money from any other source accepted for the benefit of the Fund.
(g) The Fund shall be used only to pay for the cost of creating the Board, maintenance of the Board, reasonable administrative costs, and implement the provisions of this subtitle.
(h) (1) The State Treasurer shall invest the money of the Fund in the same manner as other State money may be invested.
(2) Any interest earnings of the Fund shall be credited to the Fund.
(i) Expenditures from the Fund may be made only in accordance with the State budget.
(j) Money expended from the Fund to maintain the Board or implement the provisions of this subtitle is supplemental to and is not intended to take the place of funding that otherwise would be appropriated for the Board.