Article - Environment
(a) Wherever this subtitle requires the Department to publish notice:
(1) Notice shall be published at least once a week for 2 consecutive weeks in a daily or weekly newspaper of general circulation in the geographical area in which the proposed facility is located;
(2) The Department may require notice of an informational meeting or a public hearing by mail to each person requesting the meeting or hearing or to their authorized representatives;
(3) The Department may provide additional notice by requiring the notice to be posted at the proposed facility or at public facilities in the geographical area of the proposed facility; and
(4) The applicant shall bear all costs incurred by the Department in providing notice.
(b) (1) In addition to the requirements set forth in subsection (a) of this section and notwithstanding any other requirements in this article, wherever this subtitle requires the Department to publish notice of an application for a permit, the Department shall:
(i) Electronically post the notice of an application for a permit on the Department’s Web site; and
(ii) Provide a method for interested persons to electronically request any additional notices related to an application for a permit.
(2) The notice required under paragraph (1) of this subsection shall include:
(i) The name and address of the applicant;
(ii) A description of the location and the nature of the activity for which the permit has been sought;
(iii) A reference to the applicable statutes or regulations governing the application process;
(iv) The time and place of any scheduled informational meeting or public hearing, or a description of where this information can be found;
(v) A description of where further information about the permit application can be found; and
(vi) Any other information that the Department determines is necessary.
(c) The Department may require the applicant to publish and send the notices required in subsection (a) of this section.