Article - Education
(a) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, acting under the rules and regulations of the county board, the county superintendent is responsible for the administration of the superintendent’s office.
(2) In Prince George’s County, the Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the administration of the office of the Chief Executive Officer, including hiring and setting the salaries of the executive staff.
(b) As the executive officer of the county board, the county superintendent shall see that the following are carried out:
(1) The laws relating to the schools;
(2) The applicable enacted and published bylaws of the State Board;
(3) The policies of the State Board;
(4) The rules and regulations of the county board; and
(5) The policies of the county board.