Article - Education
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Eligible student” means a student who is a Maryland resident, or has graduated from a Maryland high school, and:
(1) Is enrolled in a Workforce Development Sequence at a public community college in the State; or
(2) Is enrolled directly in a registered apprenticeship program that partners with a public community college in the State.
(c) (1) “Workforce Development Sequence” means:
(i) A program offered by a community college that is approved by the Commission and is composed of courses that are related to:
1. Job preparation or an apprenticeship;
2. Licensure or certification; or
3. Job skill enhancement; or
(ii) A registered apprenticeship program approved by the Division of Workforce Development and Adult Learning in the Maryland Department of Labor.
(2) “Workforce Development Sequence” does not include a sequence of courses leading to an associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
(d) “Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship” means an award made to an eligible student under this subtitle.