Article - Economic Development
(a) (1) The Council consists of the members described in this subsection.
(2) The voting members of the Council are:
(i) from Cecil County, three commissioners, appointed by the Board of County Commissioners;
(ii) from Kent County, the three commissioners;
(iii) from Queen Anne’s County, three commissioners, appointed by the Board of County Commissioners;
(iv) three municipal elected officials, one from each county, appointed by:
1. their respective municipal corporations; or
2. the Eastern Shore Municipal Association if the municipal corporations are unable to appoint a member within a reasonable time; and
(v) if the majority of the member’s legislative district is in the region, each member of the General Assembly representing the region.
(3) The nonvoting members of the Council are:
(i) each commissioner in the region who is not appointed under paragraph (2) of this subsection;
(ii) each other member of the General Assembly representing the region if the majority of the member’s legislative district is not in the region; and
(iii) three county administrators, one from each county.
(4) The bylaws of the Council may provide for additional members who are private individuals.
(b) (1) A member appointed under subsection (a)(2)(i), (ii), or (iii) of this section may designate another commissioner or a county administrator representing the same county to vote by proxy for the member when the member is absent from a meeting.
(2) A member who designates a proxy shall inform the Executive Director in advance of the meeting.
(c) (1) A member who qualifies because of the member’s elected or appointed position is a member of the Council only during the member’s term of office in the elected or appointed position.
(2) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(d) Council membership is not an office of profit.