Article - Economic Development
(a) (1) There is an Advisory Board of the Institute.
(2) The Institute Board advises the University of Maryland on the management of the Institute.
(b) The Institute Board consists of the following nine members:
(1) the chair of the Board of Directors of the Maryland Clean Energy Center;
(2) the Director; and
(3) seven members selected by the University of Maryland based on expertise in energy technology commercialization, the clean energy industry, venture capital financing, and energy research.
(c) A member of the Institute Board:
(1) may not receive compensation as a member of the Institute Board; but
(2) is entitled to reimbursement for expenses under the Standard State Travel Regulations, as provided in the State budget.
(d) From among its members, the Institute Board shall elect a chair and a vice chair.