Article - Economic Development
(a) A Board of Directors shall manage the Center and exercise its corporate powers.
(b) The Board consists of the following nine members:
(1) the Director, or the Director’s designee; and
(2) eight members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate:
(i) two representing the nonprofit clean energy research sector of the State;
(ii) two with expertise in venture capital financing;
(iii) two representing clean energy industries in the State;
(iv) one consumer member; and
(v) one member of the general public.
(c) A member of the Board shall reside in the State.
(d) In making appointments to the Board, the Governor shall consider:
(1) diversity; and
(2) all geographic regions of the State.
(e) A member of the Board:
(1) may not receive compensation as a member of the Board; but
(2) is entitled to reimbursement for expenses under the Standard State Travel Regulations, as provided in the State budget.
(f) (1) The term of an appointed member is 4 years and begins on July 1.
(2) The terms of the appointed members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members on October 1, 2008.
(3) At the end of a term, an appointed member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(g) The Governor may remove an appointed member for incompetence, misconduct, or failure to perform the duties of the position.