Article - Correctional Services
(a) On or before October 31 of each year, the Commissioner shall submit an annual report to the Secretary and the Governor that states, for each correctional facility in the Division:
(1) its expenses, receipts, disbursements, condition, and progress;
(2) the number of inmates and each inmate’s age, sex, race, place of birth and conviction, crime, and term of confinement;
(3) the number of inmates who escape, are pardoned, or discharged;
(4) the job classifications for inmate labor in each department and facility under the authority of the Division;
(5) the daily wage scale at each prison for each job classification under the authority of the Division;
(6) the total number of inmates currently employed at facilities under the authority of the Division, disaggregated by facility; and
(7) any remarks and suggestions the Commissioner considers necessary to advance the interests of the correctional facility.
(b) The Commissioner shall submit with the report required by subsection (a) of this section a statement similar to the statement that is required to be submitted under § 3–206 of this subtitle.
(c) The Commissioner shall verify the report and statement required by this section.
(d) Subject to § 2–1257 of the State Government Article, the Governor shall submit to the General Assembly the report and statement required under this section and any recommendations that the Governor considers expedient.