Article - Criminal Law
(a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Family member” has the meaning stated in § 3–601 of this subtitle.
(3) “Household member” has the meaning stated in § 3–601 of this subtitle.
(4) (i) “Sexual abuse” means an act that involves sexual molestation or exploitation of a minor, whether physical injuries are sustained or not.
(ii) “Sexual abuse” includes:
3. sexual offense in any degree; and
4. unnatural or perverted sexual practices.
(b) (1) A parent or other person who has permanent or temporary care or custody or responsibility for the supervision of a minor may not cause sexual abuse to the minor.
(2) A household member or family member may not cause sexual abuse to a minor.
(c) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 25 years.
(d) A sentence imposed under this section may be separate from and consecutive to or concurrent with a sentence for:
(1) any crime based on the act establishing the violation of this section; or
(2) a violation of § 3-601 of this subtitle involving an act of abuse separate from sexual abuse under this section.